These terms and conditions create a contract between you and the Platform Provider (the “Agreement”). Please read the Agreement carefully. By tapping to “agree” you confirm your understanding and acceptance of the Agreement.
A. Sendtech Pte. Ltd (the “Platform Provider”) is a Company registered in Singapore with UEN registered number 201434475Z and having a registered office at 1B Trengganu Street (3F), Singapore 058455 (“Platform Provider’s Address”)
B. Platform Provider is a technology company that owns and maintains a digital electronic platform (the “Platform”), primarily accessed via, but not limited to, a mobile device, to connect individuals within Singapore requiring household services (the “Customer” or collectively, “Customers”) with providers of such services including, but not limited to, cleaning, laundry, dry cleaning, and cooking.
C. You (the “Service Provider”) desire to access and use the Platform to search for and accept requests for said services as per his/her convenience and schedule.
D. The Platform is only a venue to connect service providers with those requiring such services; Service Provider and the Customer will mutually agree on the scope and quality of the services provided. Platform Provider’s role and responsibility is limited to posting Customer requests and taking down such requests once a service provider has accepted.
E. Each of the Platform Provider and the Service Provider is herein referred to as a “Party” and together as the “Parties”.
i. ‘Platform’: The digital platform or communication channel maintained by Platform Provider under the brand “Sendhelper” to enable Customers looking for household services (can be extended to commercial services at the sole discretion of Platform Provider) to connect with service providers. ‘Platform’ usually means the Platform Provider’s mobile phone application but can also mean other channels such as via the Platform Provider’s website, voice and SMS communication over phones or any other communication channel the Platform Provider sees fit to communicate potential jobs.
ii. ‘Platform Provider’: The legal entity i.e. Sendtech Pte. Ltd. that provides the Platform.
iii. ‘Services’: Household services including domestic cleaning (such as vacuuming, mopping, dusting, washing utensils, ironing, cleaning of cabinets, washrooms & toilets and other generic household cleaning as required by the Customer), cooking, all processes and procedures relating to handyman Jobs (including, but not limited to plumbing, painting, repairs, and electrical work) , elderly care and other such services that you propose to provide. The definition of Services may be extended at a later date to other types of premises such as commercials spaces (i.e. offices & shops) at the sole discretion of the Platform Provider after giving notice to the Service Provider.
iv. ‘Service Provider’: The individual party to this contract, who is able, willing and qualified to provide the Services.
v. ‘Customer’: Any individual or entity requiring Services and who accesses the Platform or places an order for Services through the Platform.
vi. ‘Customer Venue’: The physical place at which the Services are to be performed. The Customer Venue will be within Singapore.
vii. ‘Job’: The actual performance of the Services at the Customer Venue as per a request by a Customer. Jobs can be recurring or one-off.
KEY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Service Provider declares that if he/she is an individual, he/she has the legal right to work in Singapore, is at least 14 years of age, and is either a Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident, or valid Student Pass holder as of the Effective Date. Service Provider further declares that if he/she loses his/her current citizenship/visa status, he/she has the obligation to notify the Platform Provider in a reasonable time and before considering, accepting, or performing any Job. The Service Provider declares that if it is a registered legal entity of any kind as of the Effective Date, it is lawfully incorporated in Singapore, in good standing, and will notify Platform Provider within 3 working days if its status becomes suspended, revoked, or withdrawn. If Service Provider is a Student Pass holder, Service Provider declares he/she has a valid Student Pass and is currently a full-time matriculated or registered student at an approved institution, has reviewed the laws and regulations governing the Work Pass Exemption, and cannot accept or perform any Job without a valid Work Pass Exemption. Service Provider understands this term to be a material term to the Agreement.
2. Service Provider agrees to download and operate the Platform (including updates) in a timely manner for the purpose of searching for potential Jobs and accepting such Jobs on a first come, first serve basis. Service Provider has no obligation to accept potential Jobs. Service Provider is expected to independently operate the mobile phone application and may request assistance with the mobile phone application functionality at any time. Service provider is responsible to provide high quality service for the Customers.
3. Service Provider is an independent contractor and not an employee of Platform Provider. The relationship between Service Provider and Platform Provider is commonly known as a Contract for Service, for which statutory benefits (such as CPF) do NOT apply. Service Provider is free to accept or reject potential Jobs and/or Services with full discretion. Service Provider acknowledges that Platform Provider does not train, provide supplies, require the use of the Sendhelper logo, or instruct Service Provider regarding performance of Jobs. Platform Provider does not guarantee at any time any potential Jobs to Service Provider and may cancel this Agreement at its full discretion at any time in writing (including SMS or email) delivered to Service Provider.
4. All services are to be performed within the Republic of Singapore.
5. Service Provider understands and accepts that the Platform is only a channel to connect authorized service providers with the requests of prospective Customers and Jobs (including Customer’s address, job details, and / or number of hours). Platform Provider will make good faith efforts to notify Service Providers of any Customers or Jobs it believes are unacceptable. Platform Provider does not warrant or verify the accuracy or nature of the prospective Customers or Jobs. If and when Service Provider accepts a Customer’s request or Job, Service Provider agrees to be responsible for verifying the accuracy and nature of the prospective Customer and Job and for notifying the Platform Provider of any change, divergence, or other modification of the Customer’s initial request including, but not limited to, a change in hours, location, duration, or of any Customer or Job the Service Provider deems unacceptable.
6. Payment: Platform Provider will collect payment on behalf of Service Provider from the Customer and will pass payment onto Service Provider as per the weekly schedule and after deducting the reasonable platform usage fee specified in the Sendhelper Partners mobile application under Rates & Charges (the “Fee”). Platform Provider reserves the right to amend the Fee anytime with due notice to Service Provider.
7. Mode of Payment: Service Provider agrees to provide details of a local bank account held in his/her name for receipt of funds due to him/her. Platform Provider shall transfer all monies due to Service Provider, subject to deduction of platform usage fees (as specified in the Sendhelper Partners mobile application under Rates & Charges) plus adjustment by any other amount (positive or negative) as per the cancellation policy (if applicable) (collectively, the “Service Payment”). Payment shall be made to the bank account of the Service Provider on a weekly basis. Platform Provider shall make its best effort to complete payments on the same business day as scheduled. Payment schedule shall be subject to change as per the discretion of the Platform Provider. Platform Provider shall dispatch the Service Payment in a reasonable time and Service Payment will not carry any interest. After dispatching the Service Payment, there is risk of delay in the transfer switches from Platform Provider to Service Provider (i.e. risk of any delay due to processing time by banks) for which the Platform Provider bears no responsibility. Platform Provider reserves the right to issue payments by cheque. Service Provider hereby agrees not to collect payment directly from a Customer without the express written consent of Platform Provider.
8. If and when Service Provider accepts a Customer’s request for Services, Service Provider is immediately liable to provide the Services at the agreed date, time and venue, unless he/she or the Customer cancels ahead of the agreed date and time. In case of a cancellation or a no-show, the “Cancellation & No-Show Policy” will apply. Service Provider may not send anyone else in-lieu of him/her to perform a Job without the express written consent of the Platform Provider.
9. Platform Provider hereby grants Service Provider the right to access and use the Platform only with the login credentials given upon signing up. Service Provider may not allow anyone else to access or use the Platform, may not use the login credentials of another user, and must notify Platform Provider upon suspecting or obtaining reason to believe that another person has accessed or used the Platform without permission. The right to access and use the Platform is nonbinding and may be withdrawn as described in this Agreement.
10. Platform Provider reserves the right to reject or remove any Service Provider from the Platform at any time. Any monies due to Service Provider at the time of removal will be paid as described in paragraphs 6 and 7 above. Platform provider reserves the right to change policies and schemes mentioned in this agreement with prior written intimation via email to Service Provider at least one (1) days’ notice.
11. Service Provider declares that by using the Platform or accepting any Job, he/she/it is not in violation of any other contractual agreement or obligation with any other person or entity. Platform Provider offers the use of its Platform in good faith and bears no responsibility in case the use of the Platform or acceptance of Jobs violates any other contractual agreement or obligation that the Service Provider may have.
12. Service Provider hereby agrees to indemnify the Platform Provider of any claims, liabilities, actions or damages, including attorney’s fees, arising from or otherwise relating to Service Provider’s access or use of the Platform, performance of Services, promise to perform Services, or via transactions with Customers. Service Provider’s indemnification shall continue beyond the termination of this Agreement.
13. Termination of the Contract: Service Provider may terminate this Agreement by giving seven (7) days’ notice. Service Provider will have to honour any pending Jobs already accepted, failing which the cancellation policy terms and conditions will apply. Final settlement will be performed on the last day before this Agreement terminates. Any deposit amount plus outstanding payments for Services provided less any deductions (if any, per the cancellation policy) shall be transferred to the Service Provider within three (3) working days of final settlement by way of a bank transfer to his/her designated bank account. In case of a lack of a bank account, a cheque for an equivalent amount shall be handed over to Service Provider at Platform Provider’s office or any other mutually agreed location.
14. Limitation of Liability: Service Provider acknowledges and affirms that it is the responsibility of the Customer, and not of Platform Provider, to provide a safe working environment for Service Provider. Service Provider further acknowledges and affirms that Platform Provider does not assume any responsibility arising out of any incidents concerning workplace safety or any other liability arising out of conditions beyond the Platform Provider’s control. However, Platform Provider will make good faith efforts to notify Service Provider should it have reason to believe a working environment is unsafe. Service Provider agrees that he/she/it is responsible for assessing the suitability of working conditions at the Customer Venue, and if found unsuitable will immediately notify Platform Provider. Platform Provider is not responsible for any costs or inconvenience caused if and when a Job is declined.
15. In exchange for regular and continued access to the Platform, Service Provider agrees not to enter into a private contract or other mutual agreement with any Customer introduced to Service Provider by the Platform or Platform Provider for services similar or identical to the Services (a “Harvest”) without the express written permission of Platform Provider. Failure to adhere will be considered a violation of this Agreement, may result in immediate termination from the Platform, and subjects Service Provider to liquidated damages in the agreed amount per Harvest (for, e.g., loss of future business and damage to Platform Provider’s brand) as mentioned in the Sendhelper Partners mobile application under Rates & Charges. The Platform Provider may forgo the liquidated damages at its own discretion and charge a Platform Fee for reactivation of the Service Provider account as mentioned in the Sendhelper Partners mobile application under Rates & Charges.
16. The laws of the Republic of Singapore govern this Agreement and any claims or disputes arising between the Parties shall be subject solely to the jurisdiction of Singapore. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between you and Platform Provider and supersedes all prior contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether oral or written, between you and the Platform Provider regarding the subject matter contained herein. The invalidity of any term or condition in this Agreement shall not affect the validity of the other terms or conditions in this Agreement. The failure of Platform Provider to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Platform Provider in writing.
17. Service Provider hereby declares that as of the acceptance of this Agreement, he/she has:
If the Service Provider does not meet any of the conditions above at any time, it shall inform the Platform Provider about the situation within one (1) working day of such occurrence.
18. Service Provider hereby declares that as of the acceptance of this Agreement, he/she has:
If Service Provider does not meet any of the conditions above at any time, it shall inform the Platform Provider about the situation within three (3) working days of such occurrence.
19. Confidentiality: The Service Provider agrees that it shall treat as confidential this Agreement, all information provided by Platform Provider regarding its business and operations, including without limitation the rates, prices, payment, cancellation policies and fees. All confidential information provided by Platform Provider hereto shall be used by Service Provider hereto solely for the purposes of rendering services pursuant to this Agreement and, except as may be required in carrying out the terms of this Agreement, shall not be disclosed to any third party without the prior consent of Platform Provider in writing.
20. Service Provider agrees that above terms are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Platform Provider.
21. Service Provider hereby agrees with all the terms and conditions stated above.
Last Updated: December 1, 2020